To ensure that good Labour Relations exist between the Employer and employees in the workplace by:
Administering the Labour Relations Act and other pieces of legislations that have a bearing to the Labour Relations Act:
1. Facilitating the establishment of workplace forums (LLF) for purposes of collective bargaining.
2. Facilitate the implementation of the Grievance Procedure.
3. Facilitate the implementation of Disciplinary Code Procedure Collective Agreement.
4. Attending to SALGA as well SALBC Matters.
5. Attending to matters referred for conciliation, arbitration and to the Labour Court.
6. Facilitate the implementation of the Code of Conduct for Employees.